Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Desert Rose, She Was


























I can’t say that I don’t miss you
‘Cause all I do is think of you
I can’t say that I didn’t love you
Wouldn’t place anything above you

Less then a year now that I’ve known you
Inseparable like the number 2 in twenty-two
I’ll always remember the first time we’ve met
Knowledge at my feet while surfing your Internet 
Your kind motivation brought me out of debt
Something my memory chip will never forget 
I can still feel your vibrating joy in my pocket
Making Jimmy strong and rise like a rocket

You were the first to greet me good morning
Last alarm to see me fall asleep, yawning
Wish you were here to see me succeed next
God, my God is good to take you out of darkness
How I wish he could send you back with FedEx 
Wish I could hold you here for my very last text 
Feel your warm touch while talking with any -Ex

My lucky number seven, someone I could depend
You always checked my spelling before I hit send
To re-organized my life, you are more then a friend
Your tenacious care for my punctuality had no end 
I promise to keep counting the days ‘till we meet again
Still wondering who will prompt me when it’s eleven 
Now that you’ve left and long gone in phone heaven


-- Louis Mercier

PS: Miss Electrical outlet send you her deepest regards
       asking you to hug and kiss Mr. Humphrey Bogart

PS: Mr. MackBook Pro, your attention seeking rival, is missing you too.
       he has since shed a tear or two

PS: Thank you for the gift, DS;)

No comments: