Saturday, August 7, 2010

Music in my soul






















If tomorrow is judgment day
And I'm standing on the front line
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life
I will say:

  1. Dared myself to try
  2. Lived up to my childhood dreams
  3. Was the best man I could be
  4. Had a positive mindset from dusk 'till dawn
  5. Gave thanks and praises to films, food and women
  6. Helped a fellow brother/sister on my path
  7. Laugh at myself, my mistakes and my life
  8. Never gave up trying
  9. Remained humble, honest, respectful and kind
  10. Understood and improved the man in the mirror
  11. Cheered for the underdog all the way
  12. Collected condom wrappers
  13. Fought for justice, simplicity and equality
  14. Waited patiently for love
  15. Graduated with honors from the school of hard knocks
  16. Turned a penny into a dollar by the sweat of my brow
  17. Loved life each day like my last
  18. Kept a smile in my pocket to keep me moving forward
  19. Believed in myself and the possibilities in the impossible
  20. Fought fears, tears, time, my scattered mind and procrastination
  21. Kept faith in "what if God exist..."
  22. Kept my ears attached to the sweet music of my heart beat

'Cause the music of my heart beat is my greatest love
And this love is endless
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couldn't hold us

If I lose my fame and fortune
And I'm homeless on the street
And I'm sleeping in Grand Central Station
It's okay 'cause I'll have my memories, a MacBook Pro, a BlackBerry and an Ipod

As the years they pass us by
We stay young through each other's eyes
And no matter how old I get
It's okay as long as I can still wine at carnival

If I should die this very day
Don't cry, 'cause on Earth I wasn't meant to stay
And no matter what the people say
I'll still be smiling after the judgment day.

You know it ;)

No comments: