Monday, January 6, 2014

God Of Love


God Of Love

Ms. Alcohol where were you from the start?
With dinner and breakfast I've grown apart
Abused sleep like a fake copy work of art
"Mother, leave a message at the sound of the fart"
Your cloth band aid holds me from falling apart
A decade nursing a broken heart with Lin
Forgive me God Of Love for I have sinned
"J'ai aucun desire de toucher" another pretty thing
It's been too long since I've last confessed
Buried head deep standing in a hot mess
Within walls of my soul I heard angles sing
A rugby warrior who fought all odds to win
Everything was said to keep both of heir feet in
Depression has connected a blow to my chin
From size 36 waist to now just wearing thin
Sitting here with empty broken bottles of gin
Hiding at the Self Inflicted Celibacy Inn
"Was it all a lie?" Written on my face to be seen

-- Louis Mercier

No comments: