Sunday, June 27, 2010

Through The Fire














Need
Your
Candlelight

New York City, less then an hour to journey away from your race
Traveling to a new beginning, new places and new faces
I keep looking back on this road I couldn't win
Too big of an apple to carry with me in the wind
Leaving behind a royal castle fit for a King

Each day and night, looking back over the years
Can't say I didn't fight as I held back painful tears
Too often, wanted to give in and say: "what good is this fight?"
When one holds a broken heart in his flight
Featuring in a dramatic play where silence prevail in each act
A box office gain doom from the start

NYC, a crowded energetic city that never sleeps
Filled with ego, woe, tattoo and yet still feel all alone
The weather reaches new record high, yet still feels cold to the bone
Thinking back on the laughter, riding the six train, as if watching Mr. Been
My anything, my everything, my green statuesque solid queen

Through the fire, to the limit, to the wall for a chance to carry you
For a chance for this youthful dream to stick like glue
I'd gladly risk it all through the fire, like Chaka Khan
Through whatever, come what may, just to taste your sweet sugar cane
I'd take it all the way, right down to the wire
Even through the fire

I love New York City, now fading on my t-shirt
A dear misery coming to an end, no longer hurt
Something I need to share, alright:
"Just in case I don't ever make it back tonight
Let me make love to you for the last time, NYC
Want to cherish each moment like the last, you see
'Cause baby you're all that I had
So just in case, like Jaheim,
I shall forget you not, in the end
My dear strange, strange, strange, strange land
Hope to shine a light on your ways one day
Take great care!"

No comments: