Saturday, May 8, 2010

Enough Is Enough













“See I believe in money, power, and respect. First you get the money. Then you get the power. After you get the power, people will respect you.” (Little Kim – Money, Power and Respect)


How can I find truth in this statement when I look all around me to witness the troubles of the world? How much respect does the US government gain or any other super power country when they are in constant bomb threat due to their business practices or arrogance? Regardless, both parties are in the wrong. “Thou shalt not disrespect one another” should be added on our currency instead of “In God we trust”, don’t you think? Life is too beautiful, maybe then, nations will remember to honor each other in happiness and not leave it in the hands of our Lord to act for us. Will we ever find a moment of bliss, as I witness the huge hurdle Greece is presently facing while spinning on its wheels to raise capital in order to save face amongst other European countries, while keeping its citizen's anger at bay from its own government careless spending.


During these frightened times, the joy of acting has little influence on my mind as I reflect on mankind's irreversible greed and ask myself: "How much money does one man really needs to accumulate over a lifetime to live comfortably?" A sibling once shared with me his answer: "Well to be honest Louis, you would need no less then two million dollars. Close to a million would be spent from birth until you reach the age of fifty-five, then you must secure another million for an agreeable retirement and bestow some finance to children and relatives. Not to forget to save funds for unforeseen accidents and needs. Better to have money at hand then to keep working hard to make".


"People of the world wake up!"


They say money makes the world go round, without it we won't survive. I totally agree with the survival part. What we failed to comprehend, the more money that is placed at our disposable the more we spend. In this century, the word “savings” isn’t neither part of our lifestyle or apart of our vocabulary. Do we need a white SUV Hummer or a pink Cadillac Escalade with oil price at its current levels? Are we dumb, blind or too shallow to see the bigger the vehicle the bigger the pollution damages our ozone layer? When did we first stop to care about our health over braggadocio? Can a billion dollar defense armament protect us from mother nature's wrath? What good will a five million dollar house do when its inherent won't live to celebrate their fifteenth birthday due to skin illness? Makes no sense to me, why must mankind keep playing God? Why must he keep destroying things he can’t never again rebuild? Who wants to be living on the moon or on the planet Mars with an oxygen mask all day and night? Doggy style love making will never be the same in an astronaut suit ;)


Now with jokes aside, my mind goes wild when I see four cars parked in a driveway? What good is a Rolls Royce Phantom when a Toyota Camry will take you to your destination and back? Who needs a mansion house without any kids to run around, but owning three airless dogs sleeping on its lawn is the new norm? Is it just me or its my frugal mindset to find our ways totally ludicrous? Why must we pay an additional $150 on a first class ticket seat to kiss the pavement first in a plane crash? In my book, I would have gladly paid more in coach class in order to die last, even for a split second to live more and be able to extend my hands to the sky and say: "Finally, I'm coming home baby! Start getting ..."


“Head to the nearness exit before it's too late"


Where is the love for one another? Where is our self respect that we so often ear preaching during Sunday's service? Does self control mean anything to anyone anymore while the media and capitalism keeps increasing its fellowship? Don’t get me wrong, I will support my own or any man’s dream for a luxury item. My annoyance here is with owning that same luxury item in every colors of the rainbow to feel admired while cutting my precious unique life short.


“Stand up!”


Keeping up with the Jones has never been this horrendous. Still, don’t get me wrong, money isn't the sworn enemy that I wish to expose here. The same way that we don't need gun control policy, because arms doesn't pull its own trigger to kill. Money is just a necessity of life in our modern times, it's not the feared wolf in sheep clothing crippling the air that I bread or the true reason for the up rising of the Greek citizen... May the real arch-nemesis stand up and step forward.


... To be continued.

No comments: