Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tic - Toc - Tic - Toc

It all started with a late phone call, the previous night... Ring-Ring.

It's for days like today, God must be working his wonders on my patience and human qualities. Days where I needed to be at two different places at the same time. A day where even the casting director calls on me, directly, insisting my presence at one of the two locations. "Promise me you will be there, Louis" she said with anxiety in her voice due to a missed communication for a commercial contract booking I didn't receive until late last night. "I want to hear you giving me your word, on this, you will stay for at least one hour for the wardrobe fitting." All I could said to myself was: "Here we go again!".

It's for days like this one, I live to write about. Raining days, days where the tic-toc sounds of the clock mirrors the rhythm patterns of my heart. Days where I will inevitably be stuck, neck deep, into traffic and be thinking to myself: "Why me?". Days like today where I die a little with each passing minutes, fighting my way through a tsunami of pedestrians trying to meet my two destinations. It's for days like today I wish I didn't have a cellphone, any minute it will ring and hear "Where are you!!?"...

Midnight was the mark on the clock, last night, and a ring was heard . "Hello!" I said with a smile to the caller, my agent, at the other end of the phone line. And before I could hang up, I shock my head with an exhale and thought: "How on earth will I resolve this one". As the pressure built on my chess, making it hard for me to think, I reminded myself to just go with the flow, keep a smile and wish for the best outcome. If not, then I will live to joke about it. "Bro, guess what happened to me..." or write comments about it in my autobiography. With luck, it may be turn into a scene in my life's movie version.

Long story short, be kind to others was the lesson learned today. I meet my goals by cloning myself with a replacement from a friend at one location, and attended the other in person for the two hours required. My kindness in helping others gave fruit in receiving help in return, and my inner patience was a key element that helped in keeping cool during the extra hour.

Wait, listen! Ring-ring, the phone rings in the living room... Please, let it be a wrong number, this time ;)

No comments: