Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Easy Like Sunday Morning



















"... But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. So I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."  MLK

On this restful day, I lay my head peacefully on MLK mountain top and stop to admire the smooth cooling breeze caressing my facial skin. I see the white clouds painted on a blue sky canvas, I hear the melody of the mating birds, I smell the African Orchid's perfume flirting  with the killer bees and I think to myself I am very blessed. After three solid weeks of sleepless nights and chasing a few dollars that will eventually go from hands to mouth, I though my brain would finally catch on fire this time around. If there's a God behind these pearly white clouds, he must be watching over my health. 'Cause I am still smiling and still standing. In his honor, I take it easy like if it was Sunday morning.

Dear Journal,

Welcome back! It has been a while since our path last crossed, my dear friend. Many events came and went in these past few weeks. Canadian men's hockey team won goal at the 2010 Olympic games against the USA, I made a well deserved trip down south, and Valentine's day came and went before I could say: "Happy V...". While I ran in the rat race of life, I still couldn't find time to sit and share a new entry in your pages. Here's  the most important event that you've missed. On the day of international marketing for financial love, a day we can also can call the flower shop day, I was determined to turn a new chapter in my life by staying home with my beloved jazz radio station and my receipts for income taxes.

Dear receipts, where ever you may be now, no hard feelings as we part ways. I loved you like my own son and cared for you like my own siblings. We shared many latin moons and many morning rain together before sad day. But, Baby you've had to set me free. You'll find peace and good rest on someone else's desk. I love myself too much to keep you from poisoning my mind and wallet ;)  

"...I found the greatest love of all inside of me, the greatest love of all is easy to achieve.
Learning to love myself, it is the greatest love of all".  WH.

Even thought apart, while resting on this mountain top admiring my accomplishment with that stapler, still missing and loving you dear old receipts ;)

To everyone who chipped in the labour of love, I couldn't have done it without you, much appreciation and respect to you all. Ye! Yee!

No comments: