Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What's my name?


I've been on the run since the age of twenty-two
A persona of a lion to conquer fear with a bold coup
I've utilized my mindset before pills made me coucou
Baptized a resilient rebel for the betterment of "Nous"

I've fled the nest to become a man from my family's zoo
Call me Mr. Disorganized still got a lot more to do
I've felt true love the day my eyes made love to you
Dived in life's torrid water after training in liquid poo

I've fought unions bureaucracy without a plan or a clue
Ebony skin wasn't enough to call you my wife, boo
I've sold my blood for a lonely nickel to rise brand new
For the power of ideas, I'll be a visionary too

I've fed my hunger by cooking books in canned stew
Give him the frustrated cow, I'll satisfy my own moo
I've had suicidal thoughts to romance pain, isn't true
Hi-five! If you knew his name was Jimmy not Lou
I've remained grounded with a smile, covered in blue

I am me.

What's my name?

-- Louis Mercier

No comments: