Thursday, July 26, 2012

Love In Your Ear

On the count of three, open my eyes for you to appear
For too long I've waited to voice my love in your ear
To taste the beauty of your divine soul, I am here

Your tenderness is my pillar to avoid turning to my rear
On three, let us jump the broom of laughter for life to steer
To dive in your patience, my mind is baptize and stays clear
A privilege to be in your harms, I solemnly vow to stay near

One, two, three open my eyes and wipe away the tears
Come forward into the light to erase any relationship fear
Stronger we shall be, a faithful bound growing each year
To hold, to touch, to caress you with my mind my dear
Every breath in your presence will be love in first gear

On the count of three, my eyes opened, none to appear
"You can't command love" the wind whispered in my ear
"The life you will speak isn't the art you will live" he seer
"Stand still, listen to music for true zeal to say: I am here"  
I've since learned to toast the rhythm of Marley with a beer

-- Louis Mercier

No comments: