Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Before Night Falls

If you are:

A) My parents, press #1
B) My grand-parents, #2
C) A sibling, press #3
D) A friend press, #4
E) My agent press, #5
F) The IRS press, #6
G) The police press, #7
H) An Ex-lover, hang up!
I) A "special" call, Press #68

"Good morning! You have reached the voice mail activated by India, my executive assistant cell phone. Unfortunately, I am currently far away from the virtual desk for the next 72hrs. A well deserved time off to mastermind a plan and break free from the rodent circular race."

"In order words, before night falls, I'll be on a remote location staring back at the azure for an "I got it! moment". My autobiography in hand, listening to Bob Marley, while sipping water until the mosquitoes come biting.

"Your call is important and appreciated, please stay on the line, India will assist in transferring you to the right extension"

If you are:

A) #1, Hello Mommy, I took your advice and so far so good!

B) #2, Hello grand-Ma! No, I am not in jail and no I haven't started reading your Bible yet. PS: If you ever read about anyone being pregnant, no it's not from me.

C) #3, Bonjour ma Soeur! Must be nice, it's been a while since I last heard from you. I'll call you when I get back.

D) #4, Yes B!, you'll never guess who called Monday morning. Ciya!

E) #5, Sorry Mme, I can't come to the phone, tell production that I don't get out off bed for less then $23 millions transfer to my favorite charity account.

F) #6, Mr. IRS, Your check is in the mail.

G) #7 Mr. Officer, if you have found my man bag, you'll find a silver friendship ring in it. Now find me the woman it belong too and call me back A.S.A.P.!

H) ... (I thought you would never call, guess I was wrong.)

I) #68, "Ah Man!" Sorry I missed this call, I had to think, focus and innovate before It's too late. Do call back 4 times to activate India's private message box, then whisper softly all the sweet things that I am currently missing;)

-- Louis Mercier

No comments: